Size: 21.6cm with raised edges
Handmade pottery creates natural variances in size, shape and finish so no piece looks exactly alike. All irregularities and flaws in this aesthetic are intended. If you spot a large crack or hole though that’s not supposed to be there so get in touch with us if your piece is damaged.
I love this raw, unglazed pate for sharing dishes or for that single salad at dinner. Or puffy pancakes on a Saturday morning. Or paprika & garlic tossed pumpkin and cauliflower with baked salmon, pickled cucumbers and cherry tomatoes for lunch. This plate is incredibly thin and lightweight. A really versatile piece that I use quite often for various dishes. Props not included, obviously, but if you’d like the recipe for these fluffy vegan pancakes, it’s down below. Easiest, fluffiest pancakes I’ve ever made so you’ll never have to get boxed batter again. This recipe is good for 2 large, plate sized pancakes.
Recipe from The Spruce Eats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup soy milk (or any other vegan milk substitute)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl until well mixed.
- Mix in the soy milk and oil and beat together until batter is smooth.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter at a time into a hot oiled griddle, or in a well greased frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, approximately 3 minutes, flip, and cook the other side for another 2 minutes.